The Duathlon Page
The next Hereford Duathlon is on Sunday April 8th 2018 at 9am. To enter click HERE
Thanks to all of the competitors, marshals, spectators and suppliers who helped the 2017 Hereford Duathlon to be a great race on a fabulously sunny day at Whitecross School.
The 2017 results are available here - RESULTS
The race takes place every year in April. We'll announce the 2018 date later this year. It’s an ideal race for people who are new to multi-sport or those of you who like a picturesque course. Our aim is to put on a great, well-marshaled and safe race and keep entry prices as low as possible.
The race is based at the Whitecross Sports College, 3 Elms Road, Hereford, HR4 0RN
The race consists of:
RUN – 4.6 miles - 2 laps on roads, pavements and field paths
BIKE – 17 miles on an undulating road course
RUN – 2.2 mile lap on roads, pavements and field paths
We also run a sprint race with a shorter first run of just one lap – 2.4 miles
The race is run according to the British Triathlon Federation rules. The race rules are here plus the bike and run routes.
Withdrawing from the race/Refunds – You can withdraw from the race at any time. If you decide not to race then we are able to refund you 50% of your race entry (minus administration costs if you have entered online) up to 28 days before the race OR transfer your entry to another club event. Please don't give or sell your entry to another person as they won't be insured to race.
If you’ve got any questions about the race please get in touch with us at email@example.com
- All competitors will start on the school sports field and do one lap of the 400m grass track before running through the car park and turn right on to 3 Elms Road.
- Turn right down Moor Park Road and right on to King’s Acre Road
- After 1.25 miles turn right into Huntington Lane
- Follow the lane round and over the small bridge and then turn right just past the church on to the footpath across the fields
- Continue on the footpath, over the bridge and through the gate
- Immediate right and run back through the school – REPEAT FOR THE MAIN RACE OR TURN INTO TRANSITION IF YOU’RE DOING THE SHORTER RACE
Turn left out of the school on to 3 Elms Road, left at the pub and up the slip road then left on to the A4103 (Roman Road) At the roundabout turn right and carry on through the village of Credenhill and towards Yazor. Turn left at the top of the slope towards Mansell Gamage – through the village and then down the steep hill. There is a mandatory foot down point here, all competitors must stop completely, unclip their foot and place it on the floor. The marshals will tell you when it’s safe to continue.
- Turn left and head back along the A438 past the Garnons Estate, The Weir and back into Hereford
- Turn left down Moor Park Road and then left on to 3 Elms Road and left back into transition
FINAL RUN ROUTE
- Leave transition and run up the school drive and turn right on to 3 Elms Road and follow the same course as the first run. The finish is at the bottom of the school path, next to transition