Dozens of club members have been enjoying the winter cross country season. There are 5 winter and 4 summer league races in the Herefordshire Cross Country league. All the races are free for club members and organised by volunteers from across the region’s running clubs. The annual Muddy Woody, organised by our friends at Wye Valley Runners, is always a highlight in the year. It was, indeed, muddy, woody and hilly!
Guess who we bumped into on the beginners group run? Thanks to Hereford Lions Club for being so friendly as we ran after the sleigh. A new way of introducing some interval training!
The Hereford Duathlon will be held at Whitecross School in Hereford on Sunday April 14th - 9am mass start
The Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon will be held at Leominster Leisure Centre on Sunday June 30th - 9am wave starts through to 11:40
We will be launching the online entry for both races in December so please keep an eye on this website and our social media.
If you’d like to be notified when the entries open please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
See you in 2019
Hereford Triathlon Club
Thanks to all of you who raced, marshalled or helped at the annual Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon. The results are here - RESULTS
Next year's race will be on the first Sunday in July - Entries will open in the winter
The forecast for Sunday's race is for extremely hot and humid conditions so please be prepared.
The road surface through Leominster Town Centre has been resurfaced and may be slipper than normal so please TAKE CARE when finishing the end of the cycle leg and turning back into transition.
We will have a water station on the run at The Grange and plenty of water available as you finish the race but please bring enough food and drink for before the race and the bike section. There is a café and vending machines at the leisure centre if you need them.
We would advise that you wear sunglasses on the bike and run section and a cap or hat for the run section and that you wear adequate, waterproof sun protection. British Triathlon rules state that you must cover your torso during the bike and run section so please wear a top when you leave transition.
See you on Sunday - Hereford Triathlon Club
The Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon 2018 is SOLD OUT - we cannot take any more entries. The race starts at 10am on Sunday July 1st. The start list is HERE
All competitors will receive a race pack the weekend before the race. If you have not received it please check your spam.
If you have any questions about the race please email us at email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at Leominster Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool on Sunday July 1st.
The annual Hereford Duathlon is at Whitecross School, Hereford, on Sunday April 8th. Both race distances will start at 9am.
Race entries are open until midnight on Wednesday April 4th. There are no entries on race day. To enter please click HERE
The race details are being sent to all competitors by email. If you haven't received yours please check your junk/spam. If it's not there please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to have been awarded TriMark Club Bronze accreditation from British Triathlon. A TriMark Club is recognised as a safe, rewarding and fulfilling place for members of all ages and abilities.
This is a wonderful way to start our 30th anniversary year and we will now be working towards TriMark Silver accreditation.
Entries are now open for our two races in 2018. To celebrate Hereford Triathlon Club's 30th birthday we're aiming to get 30 newcomers to multi-sport taking part in our duathlon and another 30 taking part in our triathlon. We'd love it if you and your friends fancy having a go, please get in touch with us at email@example.com as discounts are available.
Hereford Duathlon - Sunday April 8th - Whitecross School Hereford
For more details and entry details please go to the duathlon page.
Herefordshire Triathlon - Sunday July 1st - Leominster Leisure Centre and Swimming Pool
For more details and entry details please go to the triathlon page.
Congratulations to all of you who took part in the annual Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon. We'd like to thank Halo Leisure, Earl Mortimer College, our race official Marion Mogg and John Wood Tyres who sponsored the inter-club prize. A massive thank you to the 60 plus club members who gave up their time to volunteer as marshals, without them there would be no race. We hope to see you all again next year - keep the first Sunday in July free. Thanks to Stuweb for timing the event - your results are here - Results 2017
We're looking forward to welcoming you to the annual Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon on Sunday. This email contains all of the information that you need but please just get in touch if you've got any questions. We hope you have a fun and enjoyable race.
The start list is here - START LIST
The race at Leominster Leisure Centre, Conningsby Street, Leominster, HR6 8LL.
The car parks, transition area and changing rooms will be open from 7.45am on race day (earlier than first published).
There are two very large pay and display car parks within 100 metres of transition. If you are arriving before 0845 please park at at Earl Mortimer College, South Street, Leominster, HR6 8JJ. If you are arriving after 0845 please park at the leisure centre - HR6 8LL The transition area is outside the college so please be careful if you are leaving the car park whilst other competitors are racing. Please make sure that you buy a ticket from the machines as normal charges will apply.
What to do when you arrive
- Park your car and buy a parking ticket
- Go to registration which is based outside the leisure centre - you will need your start number and must register before entering transition
- At registration you will be given your race numbers and a numbered sticker for your bike - this needs to be attached straight away. You will also be given your chip which needs to be attached to your ankle with the velcro strap. Please do not lose it or take it home with you. The chips will be collected in at the end of the race. Failure to hand in the chip will result in a fine.
- Go to transition where you will have your race number, bike and helmet checked. The marshals in transition will show you where to rack your bike. Bags and boxes are not allowed to be placed next to your bike, there is a secure area where you can leave them in transition
What to do before you race
- You need to register and collect your number at least 45 minutes before your start time.
- You need to be on poolside at least 15 minutes before your start time. The start list is attached and will be displayed at registration.
The start list is organised according to your estimated swim time. It is now finalised and cannot be changed. We can't make amendments on the day of the race.
- On poolside you will be given a safety briefing. A few minutes before your start time you will be asked to go to the lane on poolside and you will be given a coloured swimming hat to wear. You can wear your own if you prefer but hats are compulsory.
- The race maps and further instructions are on our website. Just go to www.herefordtriathlonclub.co.uk and head to the race page.
Things to remember
- Earphones or any devices worn in the ear (apart from prescription hearing aids) are not allowed to be worn at any point during the race.
- Helmets must be on your head and done up before you take your bike off the racking and worn for the entire bike section. They cannot be removed until you have racked your bike.
- At the turn-around point at the pub in Docklow there is a mandatory foot-down point. You will need to unclip and place your foot on the ground before you push off again. There will be marshals there to assist you.
- Please do not use a mobile phone whilst you are taking part in the race.
- Drafting, cycling too close behind or next to another competitor, is not allowed in triathlon. More information on the drafting rules will be available at registration.
- Supporters are not allowed to accompany competitors around the course either in a vehicle, on a bike or on foot.
- The weather forecast for Sunday is currently 19 degrees with sunshine and cloud so please bring lots of water with you and make sure that you are protected against the sun.
We promise to give you an old-fashioned, fun and friendly race. We'll have smiling marshals, a cafe and lots of toilets. There are more than 60 people, all volunteers, who are marshaling the course and they will keep you safe and on the right course. If you have any questions on the day please ask any of the marshals. Marion Mogg, our British Triathlon official, will be in transition throughout the day to make sure that the race is run fairly.
See you on Sunday
Hereford Triathlon Club
Don't forget, entries to the annual Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon close at midnight on Monday June 26th. The race is at Leominster Swimming Pool and Leisure Centre on Sunday July 2nd with the first people starting at 9am.
The race is a sprint event - 400m swim in the pool (16 x 25m lengths), 12 mile cycle on open roads and a 3 mile run around the town of Leominster. It's ideal for beginners and people who want a fast and flat course.
You can take part as an individual or a team of 2 or 3. Entries are done online - https://www.entrycentral.com/event/105815
See you there - Hereford Triathlon Club
Thanks to all of the competitors, marshals, spectators and suppliers who helped the 2017 Hereford Duathlon to be a great race on a fabulously sunny day at Whitecross School.
The results are available here - scroll down to Hereford Duathlon on April 8th 2017 - RESULTS CLICK HERE
HEREFORD DUATHLON - SUNDAY APRIL 9TH - 9AM START
Important Info: The car parks, registration and transition will be open from 0730 until 0830 and there will be a compulsory race briefing at 0845 for all competitors. Spectators arriving later can park opposite the school in the side car park of The Range.
We do not allow headphones of any sort to be worn in the race - that's a decision made by us as the race organisers.
The start numbers for the races are attached - please try and remember your number!
The weather forecast is good, it looks set to be warm and sunny. Please make sure that you have adequate drinks and sun protection with you. There is water available at the end of the race but we're not able to provide you with bottles for the bike section.
See you on Sun - Hereford Triathlon Club
The annual Hereford Duathlon returns on Sunday April 9th. It's an ideal course for beginners, people who've been running or cycling and fancy doing both and people who like fun, friendly races and a flat course.
Entering is easy - just follow this link ENTER HERE
We're already a third full so don't leave it too late to enter. We hope to see you all on Sunday April 9th.
For more details about the course, last year's results etc. please go to the Duathlon page on this website.
Happy Training - Hereford Triathlon Club
We have finalised our race dates for 2017 and entries are now open.
The duathlon will take place at Whitecross School in Hereford on Sunday April 9th and you can enter online HERE
The triathlon will take place at Leominster Leisure Centre on Sunday July 2nd and you can enter online HERE
This year we will be using chip timing at both events. We're expecting both races to fill up early so don't leave it too late to enter!
See you in 2017
Hereford Triathlon Club
Wow, what a race in Rio. Huge congratulations to Alistair and Jonathan Brownlee who won gold and silver at the Olympics. If you're interested in taking up triathlon and have been inspired by their success then please get in touch with us. We are running a number of sessions for beginners this Autumn. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks to everybody who took part in today's race. We had the highest ever number of entries and people marshalling in the history of the club. A huge, huge thanks to our marshals who had a long morning out on the course and in the pool.
The results of today's race are here We hope to see you all racing in 2017.
Hereford Triathlon Club