The Triathlon Page
Congratulations to everybody who took part in the Herefordshire Triathlon 2018 - you can see the results at www.stuweb.co.uk or by clicking this link - RESULTS 2018
There are three albums from the 2018 Triathlon on Flickr - huge thanks to Wayne Smith for taking and uploading the pictures.
The annual Herefordshire Sprint Triathlon takes place on the first Sunday in July at Leominster Leisure Centre. It's an ideal race for people who are new to triathlon or those who love an old-fashioned pool sprint on a fast and flat(tish) course. You can enter as an individual or as a relay team of two or three. There is also an Aqua Bike category for those of you who want to swim and bike but not run.
The race will sell out early so don't leave it too late to enter. Entries will open in the winter.......
2017 Results HERE
2016 Results HERE
Photos from 2017 are HERE
Run Photos from 2017 are HERE
Transition and Bike Photos from 2017 are HERE
Competitor information is HERE
The race is based at Leominster Leisure Centre, Conningsby Road, Leominster, HR6 8LL
The race consists of:
SWIM – 400 metres in the pool (16 lengths)
BIKE – 12 miles on an undulating road course
RUN – 3 miles on pavements and footpaths around the town of Leominster
The race is run according to the British Triathlon Federation rules.
Withdrawing from the race/Refunds – You can withdraw from the race at any time. If you decide not to race then we are able to refund you 50% of your race entry (minus administration costs if you have entered online) up to 28 days before the race OR transfer your entry to another club event. You cannot give or sell your place to a friend as they will not be covered by insurance.
If you’ve got any questions about the race please get in touch with us at email@example.com
- From transition, turn LEFT out of the car park and then LEFT down Southern Avenue. You will go straight over two roundabouts. All of the junctions are marshalled
- Continue on the A44 towards Bromyard until you get to the King's Head Pub in Docklow. You will enter the car park , PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN and then turn RIGHT back towards Leominster. You must put your foot down before leaving
- You will go over the first roundabout and then turn RIGHT at the 2nd roundabout and on to Worcester Road and Etnam St
- At the T Junction turn LEFT, go straight on at the mini roundabout and then turn left back into the school car park
- From transition, you will run LEFT out of the car park and then LEFT down Southern Avenue (the same as the bike route) - you will run on the pavement
- At the roundabout you will turn LEFT and in to Worcester Road and then cross to the right hand side of the road WHEN SAFE TO CROSS - this will be marshalled
- You will run up Worcester Road on the pavement and then turn RIGHT towards The Grange. You will complete a lap of The Grange and then re-trace your route back to the junction
- You will turn RIGHT up Etnam Street and then cross the road WHEN SAFE at the pedestrian crossing before turning LEFT at the T Junction and going straight on and finishing next to the school car park